Military Spouse Business Academy
Last Updated: 4/27/2015
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information you directly provide to us, such as when you request information or help for your business, make a donation, sign a petition, purchase ad space, send us an email or sign up to receive our newsletter, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, sign up to be a volunteer or host an event, submit a resume, or create an account or profile. We also collect any information you provide when you post comments or other content or participate in interactive features, surveys, contests, games, or promotions on our Services or our social media pages. The types of information we collect may include your name, password, email address, address, phone numbers, website and description of your business, branch of service, and other information you choose to provide.
Passive Collection: When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain information. Such information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system and browser type, the unique ID number associated with your mobile device, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Services.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our websites and your experience. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. If you remove or reject cookies, it may affect certain features on our websites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails to collect information about usage and campaign effectiveness.
We may also collect information that you post on MSBAcademy pages located on third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use personal information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- to provide the information, services, or products you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to notify you about important changes to our Services;
- to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various initiatives, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- to help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit mentors, volunteers, donations and support for the MSBAcademy and the issues and organizations that we support;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Services;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Services and our users’ experiences on the Services;
- to serve ads on this and other websites or media and to understand how users respond to our ads;
- to notify and contact contest and sweepstakes entrants; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the MSBAcademy, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Services;
- in aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the MSBAcademy; and
- with organizations, groups, causes, or other entities that we believe may be of interest to you.
Online petitions: When you sign an online petition, such petition is public information and we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection with the online petition, publicly available, or available to national, state, or local leaders, or to the press.
Interactive Features: When you use the Services, information you post in comments or in any other interactive areas of the Services, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Services or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?