Welcome To MSBAcadamy
D-U-N-S number: 079831170
Who Is MSBAcademy
- One-on-one Business Counseling or Small Business Incubator – For those looking for some extra assistance or guidance in any areas such as starting, operating and/or expanding your business.
- Community Support and Peer-to-Peer Mentoring – This program allows you to get some one-on-one guidance from a fellow business owners and ask them questions about operating a business. Please post your questions on our Facebook page.
- Legal Advisor – Do you have a legal question and could you use some extra insight?! Or maybe you are unable to access a local lawyer. Our volunteer legal team is ready to assist you.
- Accountant – Everyone has questions when it comes to taxes. Our volunteer Accountant is ready to help you!
- Membership Directory – Search through a list of current members. Are you looking to connect with fellow entrepreneurs in your local area?! Look no further!
- CONUS and OCONUS Tips – A list of tips to guide you in PCSing with your business. Please also know that we are always working to develop this comprehensive guide.
- Webinars and Seminars – A list of available webinar and seminars to help develop and develop your business.
- MSBAcademy Webinars – Google+ Hangout On Air webinars available specifically to our 4 Star Members.
- Mastermind Groups – Meet with a group of fellow members for the purpose of reinforcing growth and success while offering support to one another
StreetShares™ is a revolution in small business funding. Veteran-owned small businesses on StreetShares.com create a personalized pitch for a small business loan, and investors compete to fund any part of the loan. The lowest investor bids are combined to form a single loan – It’s like “Shark Tank” meets “eBay” for small business lending. Learn more at www.streetshares.com.
Meet Our Team
Rikki owned and operated, All In One Desktops from 2007 to 2013. She co-owned HPSP Rentals from 2013 to 2015.
Rikki has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and is a Navy Spouse.
She is no stranger to entrepreneurship. As the founder and former owner of an online endeavor called “The Sensible Gourmet”. Since closing her business in 2008, she has endeavored to share the valuable “hard-knock” sales and marketing lessons learned with other small business owners.
A proud Army wife and mother of three who is heavily involved in her military community. She has been an Army Community Service Master Trainer since August of 2010 and has also served as FRG Leader, Battalion FRG Advisor, and Army Ball Planning Committee Member.
Kent enlisted in the U. S. Army Reserves and was sent to Fort Leonard Wood, MO the day after he graduated from High School. He served in the Army Reserves while earning his Bachelor’s Degree in Math from Vanderbilt University and while taking graduate hours in Accounting/Business from Middle Tennessee State University. He achieved the rank of 1st Lieutenant before transferring to the Individual Ready Reserves in 1990.
He and his wife, Nicole, have been married for 28 years.
Since 2007, she and her husband, John, have operated a commuter vanpool business in the DC area, Patriotic AdVANtures LLC., which allows military, government, and civilian personnel to travel to work more efficiently and economically than a personal vehicle or other forms of mass transit. In the Navy tradition, the commuter vans are “named” in honor of distinguished Americans. Through the small business, Carolyn’s philanthropic work continues with thousands of dollars having been donated in honor of the volunteer drivers to their designated charities, as well as conducting annual Veteran’s Day phone card drives for recovering wounded service members.
Carolyn is a Navy Veteran Spouse, who lives in Virginia with her husband of 15 years and their two children. She views herself as a perpetual student having taken various college and technical schools courses over the years. However her Degree in Education primarily comes from the School of Hard Knocks.
SUSTAP is one of only a handful of woman-owned companies in the entire Nation who are currently approved as federal contractors in the facility support services, solar, LED lighting water filtration, air filtration & green energy category.
Serving the federal & commercial facilities, ship/marine industries. Working with local, state and federal agencies on a national and international scale. Gibson is an expert in these industries, partnering with the U.S. EPA, U. S. NAVY, BAE, DLA, Navy Crane Warfare, SPAWAR, Sea Port E, other agencies & organizations while overseeing the implementation of environmentally responsible products.
Ms. Gibson has served on the local non-profit boards of (The Association for Facilities Engineering) as a National Board Member, Navy League (SF, Santa Clara & Lake Merritt Navy League Councils, Legislative Liaison & National Director), Military Spouse Business Association Board & is a member of her local post of SAME (The Society of American Military Engineers), ASHRAE (American Society of Heating Refrigeration & Air-conditioning), RETA (Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Assoc.)
WONN Women Owned Networking National Member, National Kidney Foundation and is a living kidney donor.